Summer Sandals! Get Easy Breezy Style! UP to 41% OFF!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sister Wives Is Totally Addictive



Have you guys been keeping up with the TLC Show Sister Wives? Every since we were introduced to this quirkly family I have been hooked.

I want to know what is going on in their lives. I want a sneak-peak at how what seems to be a disfunctional type of living is actually funtional.

Kody Brown is the husband. The man of the house. The big Kahoona. Meri, Janelle, and Christine were his only wives until Robyn, the new sister wife entered the picture. The last we saw of them, she gave birth to a baby boy and asked Meri if she wanted her to be a surrogate mother for her. This brought Meri to tears.

The pros of plural marriage can be great. I always wish there was more than one of me. Maybe if I had two, or even three sister wives my house would be super neat, my kids fed on time all the time, I would have time to go and do the things I want to do while the other wives care for my kids and I would return the favour when their turn rolled around. Ummmm.....as I look around at the toys strewn across my floor right now, the idea is looking mighty-fine right about now.

The big con of a plural marriage is having to "share" your husband. I would so not be good at that. Picturing him with another woman makes me cringe and I would want to haul my hair out. How can you sleep with him after knowing he was with another woman. How can a man divide his love like that? Kody says he doesn't "divide" his love but shares his love. Ummm....isn't that the same thing man?!?!

The Shocking Secret that was revealed on the last episode?? Meri and Kody had a miscarriage about 4 years prior. My heart ached for that women. Losing a child and wanted another one so much while the other wives were blessed with multiple kids. Then watching the newest wife give birth to a beautiful baby boy must've been heart-wrenching. I have to give Meri credit for handling that so well. I would've had a melt-down I am sure.

The Browns are open and honest, letting the cameras in for all of us to get a glimpse into this secretative world. I have to admit that I had so much misunderstandings about this type of lifestyle(thanks to Warren Jeffs and some other things I saw in the media). After watching this family my overall view changed someone. It works for them. It would NOT work for me. To each their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment